- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Using a whisk, add flour, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until mixture is golden color, stirring constantly.
- Beat in milk. Continue stirring until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups cheese and basil.
- Pour into lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Original Recipe: Betty Crocker’s Mozzarella Macaroni and Cheese.