- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine macaroni, water, butter, and salt in a pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then move to a slightly cooler area of the fire (reduce the heat).
- Cook, stirring often, until the pasta is almost, but not quite ready.
- Add dried milk; stirring constantly, cook until the pasta is tender and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from the fire and stir in cheese.
This is a very simple recipe to make while camping. We measured out the ingredients before we left and just used a 16-ounce bottle of water to easily measure our 2 cups. Macaroni is my favorite food, and I had been wanting to try a camp fire recipe for a long time. This summer we finally did, and we will definitely be doing it again!